Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Office Home 2007

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rmns5

rmns5

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

I just recently had a trojan virus removed from the computer and now when ever I use microsoft office it takes forever for it to load and then I get an error everytime I shut it down. I have no clue what it is doing. Plus I get the message end program program not responding when I log off of other programs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

Hello rmns5, So that our members may help you better and quicker,please give some further information.
What Operating System is this (XP,Vista etc)
What was the removed malware's name
How or what did you use to remove it.
What is that message...

I get an error everytime I shut it down

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rmns5

rmns5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

I am running windows xp. I had to remove trojan vundo. I believe we used combofix to get it off the computer. I know they had me run a Cclean at the end. The message I keep receiving from microsoft office is a sudden error occured and microsoft word needs to shut down. I then get the send error report and it gives me the option to recover my work and then restart word. I hope this helps.

#4 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:13 AM

Hello rmns5,

See if Office (Word) can repair itself.

1. In Word 2007, click the round Office icon in the very upper-left corner of the Word window.
2. Click the Word Options button on the bottom-right border of the window that pops up; the Word Options button is next to the Exit Word button.
3. Click Resources at the bottom of the list in the left-hand column.
4. Click the Diagnose button to the right of "run Microsoft Office Diagnostics" in the displayed list.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

CCleaner is a very powerful application, and must be used with the utmost caution; you may have accidentally removed a needed file. If you cannot repair Office, then the best option is un-install it completely and then re-install it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 rmns5

rmns5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

I am thinking that I need to get rid of Ccleaner. I have only run it once and I know I don't know what the important files are. After running the diagnosis in word it came up clean. Will it let me reinstall the program if I need to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users