Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Player On Website Not Working...no Idea Why

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 haleyathena

haleyathena

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

Okay, so whenever i try to load the video player from the website TMZ.com, i get nothing but a blank black page. I have tried to open the same video player from all three other computers in the house and it works fine with them. This happens on my laptop with both IE7 and Mozilla Firefox so I know its not the web browers. i have reinstalled both just to make sure. I have shut off all firewall settings changed my internet options numerous times....restored default settings, etc. and still BLANK and BLACK. I have whitelisted the entire site as well. Now the TMZ.com website is hosted by AOL.com and when I look at the page source for the video player i see the whole Atwola adwrapper thingy and i think that may have something to do with it, but I don't know what to do and how to fix this. Its not so much my need to view stuff from this website, its the fact that I am unable to and want to know WHY? I am able to view videos from the AOL website as well as from all other media players online.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 haleyathena

haleyathena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

I just want to clarify that i have Microsoft XP OS....IE 7 and the most recent Mozilla Firefox. I use Webroot and EZ Trust AV/Firewall programs.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

Do you have the latest version of Flash installed? That's the likely solution.

#4 haleyathena

haleyathena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

yeah...i have the latest version installed. The players work fine on other websties...just not this one. Actually, i don't even think its the player necessarily....when I click "play video" a new tabbed window appears and its just a black screen. The status bar says "Done" and there is nothing but black.

#5 haleyathena

haleyathena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

I have a tricky situation here:

Every time i click "play video" on TMZ.com, which is supposed to open a new window or tab and load a video player along with some ads (ar.atwola.com), the new window appears as just a black screen. No ads appear and no video player appears. The status bar says "Done". I have done everything i could think of to fix this....and its only on this one webpage. video players and ads work everywhere else, even if the same player is on the home page of TMZ.com it works. Its only when another page has to open to load the player or content. I do not understand it. I can even load this page properly on all other computers in the house. Even on my work computer. ?????

I have turned off firewalls...deleted all cookies...disabled adblock....turned off block-up options, etc. Nothing but black.

I use Microsoft XP...Webroot/EZ Trus AV/Firewall applications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users