Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A File Is Currpted When A Prog Trying To Access It

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 peterjwfrench

peterjwfrench

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:01 AM

anyone know where i can locate this file as one of my major apps for me doesn't work fully without this file i currently got a work around but isn't great any help greatly appricated.

Edited by rigel, 17 October 2007 - 06:40 AM.
Merged similar topics ~ rigel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 peterjwfrench

peterjwfrench
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:12 AM

hi i need to check my registry in order to fix my currupted xip file. I think their errors their which progs do i need to download from you in order to help

thanks
pete

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:13 AM

Please provide a bit more detail about this xip file - any information about what the program is/what it does any any specific error messages that you've received. This google search shows many different results for xip: http://www.google.com/search?q=xip&rls...amp;startPage=1
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:21 AM

If a program needs a given file that is not a system file...it usually installs same.

Did you try reinstalling this phantom program that needs this file?

Wiki says that XIP is a file system, not a file. There is a difference.

Louis

#5 peterjwfrench

peterjwfrench
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

Please provide a bit more detail about this xip file - any information about what the program is/what it does any any specific error messages that you've received. This google search shows many different results for xip: http://www.google.com/search?q=xip&rls...amp;startPage=1

the prgoram is fhopfitter 4 it was working fine then all of a sudden it said xip file trying to open is currpt so i did a full uninstall and then intralled the prog to another directory and this still didn't fix the problem the full error message i get happens like this

i double click the shortcup to open shopfitter 4,

the first message i get says xip file is currupt and I have to click and ok message
the program loads, and let me open the shop i am trying to edit. but when i try to edit certain files
which have a visual design (visual basic) part to them I get this next error message

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click contrinue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click Quit, the application woll close immediately.

Could not find a part of path 'C:\Document and Setttings\PeterFrench.PETER\Local
Settings\Temp\SF_Editor\fckeditor\editor\css\fck_editorarea.ccss'.

under the details tab the follwing inforamtion

e the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Peter French.PETER\Local Settings\Temp\SF_Editor\fckeditor\editor\css\fck_editorarea.css'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
at SF4FckEditor.FckEditor.LoadEditorCSS(String _cssfilename)
at SF4FckEditor.FckEditor.InitalizeEditor()
at SF4FckEditor.FckEditor.Loadsf4(String _innerhtml, String _wrapperclassname, String CSSfile, String CSSXMLFile)
at SF4Framework.WebDesign.Loadsf4(String _htmlString, String WrapCategory, String ThemeCSS)
at SF4Framework.WebControl.ButtonHTML_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at SF4Framework.InfoPanel.LoadInfo()
at SF4Framework.ShopForm.NewInfoPanel(String _XMLFILE)
at SF4Framework.ShopForm.LoadInfo(String _pathAndFileName)
at SF4Framework.ShopForm.treeViewMain_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SF4
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Shopfitter%204/SF4.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
SF4Framework
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Shopfitter%204/SF4Framework.DLL
DevComponents.DotNetBar2
Assembly Version: 6.8.2.0
Win32 Version: 6.8.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Shopfitter%204/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL
SF4Library
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Shopfitter%204/SF4Library.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
SF4FckEditor
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Shopfitter%204/SF4FckEditor.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

, hope this info helps

pete

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:00 PM

Looks like a bug in the program to me...or a corrupted program file.

No such program listed in Google. If you mean Shopfitter 4, then I suggest uninstalling/reinstalling. Or updating. Those are the only ways I know of to fix a flaw in a program installed.

Louis

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

Does this error happen only on certain files that you try to open (certain "shops")? Does it happen if you create a new "shop"? Are you able to create a new "shop", save it, and then reopen it?

I suspect that the corruption is in the "shops" that you've saved - and that you'll have to contact Shopfitter for suggestions on how to recover the corrupted "shops". Here's a link to their website: http://www.shopfitter.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 peterjwfrench

peterjwfrench
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

Does this error happen only on certain files that you try to open (certain "shops")? Does it happen if you create a new "shop"? Are you able to create a new "shop", save it, and then reopen it?

I suspect that the corruption is in the "shops" that you've saved - and that you'll have to contact Shopfitter for suggestions on how to recover the corrupted "shops". Here's a link to their website: http://www.shopfitter.com/

another prpgram update from hp was causing the problem, so removed everything and restarted and
curred the problem temprary, but ovisley i need to update hp as well as the sf program, is their a ways to make sure both programs don't talk to each other or make sure their not sharing the same file at the same time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users