Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Get A Normal Startup Boot-

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shark101a

shark101a

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:16 PM

My pc was acting up so I did the msconfig-diagnostic startup... to see if maybe it was one of my startup applications but now I am trying to get it back to a normal bootup. I make the change for a normal boot but it restarts and I get a diagnostic startup. I've done it over and over and cant get it back. I haven't added or made any changes. Does anyone know how I can get my computer to bootup normally.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:55 PM

That could be a symptom of a malware infection. Using MSConfig to access (force) safe mode can be problematic when there is malware on your system and can make your computer unusable. Some types of malware can delete or alter the safeboot key in the registry resulting in the inability to reboot into safe mode. If you use the /Safeboot option on the Boot.ini Tab to force safe mode when booting into safe mode when the F8 key does not work, it could have disastrous results. The Safeboot option modifies the Boot.ini file and you may be locked in a continuous reboot loop afterwards where you cannot get back to MSConfig and undo your selection.

Try using System Restore from a command prompt in "Safe Mode" to return to a previous state before your problems began?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 shark101a

shark101a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:23 PM

I restarted into safe mode but on the login screen....its not taking my password. I can't even log on into safe mode. I restart back to a normal boot and there it takes my log information but NOT in safe mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users