Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3d Software - (easy To Use)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

Hi all

NB: I have just switched from Windows to Linux and and don't know how to properly use it yet - but I'm mentioning this only because certain programs work with Linux

I've just bought a house which I am re designing structually. I have an architect but he does not do 3D graphics - he simply does a drawing.

I'm looking for a 3D program that is easy to learn - not too technical. Ideally what I'm looking for is a program that lets me move walls, doors, windows etc etc to see how they look and then to be able to move that wall to a different place.

Basically, I am wanting a program that lets me move stuff around to different areas to see how they work. Size of window / shape etc.

I am not computer graphically adept so need a good program that gives easy to use guides.

Or if anyone happens to be a 3D graphical designer for house and garden stuff, then I could really really use your help.

I need to get the structural plans submitted to two councils asap, so that construction can begin in January.

Help !!!

Cheers

Nat :thumbsup:

I have the architects drawings - would they help to use in a program.

I also have tons of photo's taken at many different angles...??

Edited by nat, 16 October 2007 - 01:39 PM.

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

Can't vouch for their ease of use, but here's a couple of free programs I found:
DesignWorkshop Lite
Google SketchUp 6 - there's a little animation on this page, that shows it in action
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

Useually when I need a program to do the job of a knows Windows program i use this list http://www.linuxalt.com/. i take it your looking for something along the lines of 3D Studio Max which is the first entry on the list. (Bookmark this list it comes in real handy every now and then)

Posted Image

#4 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:07 AM

Hey nat,

I use this one: http://www.linuxrsp.ru/win-lin-soft/table-eng.html
Not sure if all of them are freeware, but thought the link still might be worth a check :shrug:

YoHi

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#5 clockradio

clockradio

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

I can do some 3d I guess I could help you, but how? Do you need my e-mail?

You could try and use Autodesk AutoCAD but it's kind of expensive:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index...&id=2704278

Edited by clockradio, 14 November 2007 - 08:23 PM.

#6 echohunter

echohunter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

Google Sketchup is good. it will probably take 20 minutes to get the hang of it but its easy. I have used if before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users