Welcome to BC Keefer
Do you have MSN Content Plus or MSN Winks Plus installed on your system? These programs have to do with free winks and emoticons but can be difficult to remove. Do you see them listed in Add/Remove Programs
in the Control Panel? If so, uninstall it. If you already did or that did not help then, do this:
keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager or go to Start > Run and copy/paste or type: taskmgr
- Under the Processes tab find the following tasks or processes:
- Highlight it and click "End Process". Repeat for any other files listed, then exit Task Manager.
Please delete the following file(s)/folder(s) if they exist. You can use Windows Explorer
to navigate to or use Windows Search feature
> More advanced options to locate them.
Click the below link to download AutoRuns.zip.http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/Autoruns.zip
- Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if your not sure how to do this.)
- Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
- Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
- When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
- Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related any of the files listed above.
- Right-click on the file and choose delete.
Reboot when done and see if the pop up has gone away.
If not, then reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE
" using the F8
method and delete those files. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Edited by quietman7, 16 October 2007 - 09:11 AM.