Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected W/ Tr/vundo.gen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 JayStation3

JayStation3

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

:thumbsup:

Hey every one, i need some major help... i am trying to help a friend get rid of this virus that they have been infected with the - "TR/VUNDO.GEN" Virus. i have already done a few differant things to try and remove this virus, but nothing seems to be working. i know i probably need to download "highjack this" - which i will do when i get home, but i was wondering if there is any one that can get me started on how to remove this virus...

I have already done the "Disable system restore,show hidden files, show file ext. And restart in safe mode" then run virus scan (i use Avira antivir) and after getting rid of ALOT of other infections, this one seems to not want to go away. It has attached it's self to a system file (C:/windows/system32/sqrll.dll) , it won't delete cause it seems to be in use with some other program or some thing. Thier computer was very infected from using Lime wire (which i have since deleted from thier system) and i am ususally pretty good at keep my own three computer very safe and clean from infection, but this particualr virus has proven a worthy advisary.

We have tried several differant Malware removal programs and nothing helps... please help...

It is a Compaq Computer running windows XP home... im not sure what service pack it is running yet, but let me know what info you need and will make it available.

thanks in advance

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 15 October 2007 - 07:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

Use the Vundofix tool in the link below.
http://vundofix.atribune.org/

Follow up with SAS.
Install Super Antispyware free. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Please let us know the results.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

I have moved your Hijackthis log to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum. You posted your log in a forum not intended for these logs analysis and probably missed the directions we provide to those who require assistance.

Your log can be found here.

Please follow all directions that I posted as a reply to your log, especially for renaming HijackThis. Following these instructions will ensure that your hijackthis log is properly posted so it can be reviewed in a timely manner.

If you have any questions please respond in that thread. To avoid confusing, I am closing this topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users