Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panostandalone Attempting Installation At Start Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 js15043

js15043

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

My husband installed a WD backup hard drive. Since then, every time the computer starts up an installation window for panostandalone pops up states insert disc into drive to install. We have to wait until attempts complete, then use the end task to disable or continues attempts to install.

I have looked into add/remove programs: can't find panpstandalone device to delete. Start up shows several programs that are unreconizable. Have run misconfig, states no file that name. I am out of ideas. Anyone have this problem or know how to GET RID OF THIS? Husband states no disc included with WD back up system

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

Welcome to BC
panostandalone is part of HP Photosmart Printer software
Link removed, use Amazing Andrew's link
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 16 October 2007 - 09:19 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hey there, js15043, welcome to BC!

(garmanma, that link is broken! here's the fixed one: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Panostandalone-t99207.html.)

You can try removing the program in question from the startup list.

Go to Start->Run... and type in the following:
msconfig
then press Enter.

This will open the System Configuration Utility as shown in Figure 1.

Fig 1
Posted Image
1. Click on the Startup Tab
2. Find The Reference to the program and remove the check mark next to it
3. Press Apply
4. Press Close
5. Press Restart (Fig 2)

Fig 2
Posted Image

be careful when changing the startup items. I'm not sure what the panostandalone entry will look like. Feel free to post a list of what's listed and we can help you sort through it.

It just occured to me that you may want this program to start, its just broken. If that's the case, follow the link above for more info.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 15 October 2007 - 11:19 PM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:17 AM

Thanks Amazing Andrew. hat's what i get for being in a hurry
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users