Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Decrypting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dahoe

Dahoe

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:21 AM

I've recently decided to back up my dvd collection but find that some movies are encrypted. While i can back up most of them with DVD X Copy Platinum or Clone DVD i can't back up some new movies like Collateral for example. Does anyone know any software that will decrypt/back up such movies, preferably freeware???
Cheers,
Steve.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:14 AM

I have always used DVD Shrink. It's free and bypasses copy-protection quite well. You can find dvd backup guides here for other copy software if DVD Shrink won't work.

Edited by HuckerJ, 13 February 2005 - 11:16 AM.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 Dahoe

Dahoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:51 AM

That worked really well on all the Dvd's i had problems with although it is extremely time consuming..

Cheers HuckerJ.... :thumbsup:

#4 sairam g

sairam g

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:52 AM

Hi,
Try to decrypt the new movies with DVD Decrypter Platinum/DVD Decrypter. This may solve the problem of copying new dvd movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users