Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mgi G45x4quad-b Driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 doomgiver13

doomgiver13

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:20 AM

I have a user who needs 4 monitor capability. I have on hand an MGI G45X4QUAD-B card, but am having a heck of a time finding drivers for it. My Supervisor tells me that the card is a few years old... anyone have any ideas?
If you truly live by the sword, it only stands to reason that someone has to die by it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:33 AM

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo/su...rivers/home.php
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 doomgiver13

doomgiver13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:57 AM

thx... now it looks like the card's fried... that's gonna cost a bit...lol
If you truly live by the sword, it only stands to reason that someone has to die by it.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:43 PM

hmm 4 monitors.. monitor 1 favorite DVD playing, Monitor 2 main gaming window, monitor 3 BOT window, monitor 4 maps. That would be an awesome setup. :thumbsup: I only heard of the parhelia for 3 monitors.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 doomgiver13

doomgiver13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

it's a sweet board, but in order to get the darn thing to work I had to cap the cables with DVI->VGA converters. Apparently, though the board and Y-cables are DVI sockets, it'll only let you run VGA monitors... Maybe a driver issue? Maybe anything, but as long as I can get those 4 VGAs out, I'm good.

The only problem with this stuff is: Even though there are 4 outs (well, 2 with Y-splitters), It's only a 128 card. Now, If i can get tis in a 256 card (maybe even SLI capable)... THAT'd be sweet. Match it up with a top end gaming card... WOO HOO!!! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users