Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Will Not Install Updates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xlegendzx1

xlegendzx1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:32 AM

ok well my computer wil not install automatic updates,

i think the problem began when i did the file trasnfer wizard and transfered all my files to the windows xd cd atleast that's what it asked me to do,
when the transfering was done i did a re installation on my computer and when i tried recovering the files back i couldnt for some reason, but that wasn't my problem, there were soo many things on my computer that made it look like it was a fake version, for some reason alot of my ttf fonts were missing and on my computer before the installation if there was weird letters, it would actualy show the letters out, now after i did the installation it shows the letters as a bunch of squares "[][][][][]" so thats one of my problems, and a second one is now my computer won't install the automatic updates, it keeps prompting me that there is updates ready to install and when i try installing them, after a few seconds it says these updates failed to install.

alot of people said it was because my CD might be bootlegged but thats not possible because it was working perfect before but i don't know what happened now.

can anyone please help?
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:44 AM

xlegend, check out the information here:

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsv...from-xp-cd.aspx

"Addressing a Windows Update failure after repairing from XP CD "

Particularly, the Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB 943144 linked from there.

If you are now missing some of your Truetype Fonts, some characters being displayed as squares is a likely consequence. If some fonts were in locations other than the Fonts folder, you may need to re-install them.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users