Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Constantly Always Has Lag Attacks...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Illusion13

Illusion13

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:49 AM

I've scanned with a bunch of scanners. Scanned with Nod32, housecall, adaware, none of these tell any major problems. Neither did scanning with hijackthis and analyzing the log on hijackthis.de.

The problem is that whenever I try to play a game with slight bit of graphics demands, the game would lag to a point of unplayableness. Note, this doesnt ALWAYS happen and only happen sometimes so if I take it anywhere and complain about it I might not hit a good example of how bad the problem is. Sometimes it plays very smoothly. It also lags when I am playing videos, even on youtube (again this only happens sometimes and other times its perfectly fine.). And sometimes the whole thing generally lags. Sometimes the mouse freezes at one point and doesnt move for a few seconds...

I am starting to think it might be hardware problem but the thing is, the CPU, Motherboard, and video cards are only about 2 months old. And yet sometimes when I reboot comp the CPU doesnt spin up to speed or something and I have to try to boot it a few times... Is this a virus at work or hardware? >.<

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Illusion13

Illusion13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:55 AM

Argh take out the always in the topic title ><

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:00 AM

If you have to boot several times to get your machine up and running it sounds more like a hardware problem. First thing I would do is re-seat all your cards and check for any loose connections. Then I would have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the problems.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all three categories (Application, Security, and System).

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Illusion13

Illusion13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:12 AM

Checked for loose connections earlier... Dont think there's any problem with that really...... Now event viewer... Application has a few errors, security has nothing, system has a whole big load of errors at some time this afternoon but I think it may be due to starting up in safe mode... I'll just post one of them for now.

Faulting application set2.tmp, version 11.0.0.28844, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Faulting application set12c3.tmp, version 11.0.0.28844, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Faulting application set12c1.tmp, version 11.0.0.28844, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0x81), which lies in the 0x81 - 0x83 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:18 AM

According to this Microsoft article the ACPI BIOS error may lead to system instability. They recommend that you contact the BIOS vendor for a possible BIOS update.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 Illusion13

Illusion13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:40 AM

Yes seems like 0X81 is an recurrent problem as it appears in the event alot of times...

How am I supposed to contact my BIOS vendor? O.o Heck, what IS my BIOS vendor? O.o

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:46 AM

First you have to find out what BIOS you have. A program such as SIW will tell you this. Then, go to the website for the BIOS vendor and see if you can locate any updates.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 Illusion13

Illusion13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:55 AM

Ok I guess I will try that... but... Is a BIOS update a physical thing? Or is it software?

I just put in an inquiry for BIOS update at my vendor place but then... I am not sure if I want to go through contacting them and all...

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:01 AM

Here is an article on how and why to flash (update) your BIOS:

Why and How to Flash Your BIOS

—George Bernard Shaw

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:07 AM

Neither did scanning with hijackthis and analyzing the log on hijackthis.de

FYI: Online HijackThis analyzers often provide misleading and/or questionable results. These types of analyzers DO NOT always identify all the malware or all the files properly. They sometimes list legitimate files as bad and bad files as legitimate. They sometimes show entries with no file (file missing) as bad when that is not always the case.

Although these sites are open to the public, the user needs to know what they are doing and how to research the displayed log entries before using the original HijackThis application to fix anything. If you do not have advanced knowledge about computers you should NOT fix anything using HijackThis based on information provided in any of the HJT online analyzers without consulting a expert as to what to fix. Using this tool incorrectly could adversely impact your system.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#11 Illusion13

Illusion13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Flashed BIOS, wow amazing, preformance is like 10 times better =)

Thanks guys!!

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

We are glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. :thumbsup:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016