Try going to this page and see if there's any help. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en
I had your problem once and had to figure out which one of these to install ,but I can't remember how I found it out., I think I used Belarc Adviser.
280 MB (x86), 610 MB (x64) Mine turned out to be x86
3. Install this tool on your computer.
Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
2. Please locate any .NET Framework software and remove it.
3. Restart the computer and see if the problem still exists.
For more information, please refer to:
Title: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
After that, please perform the following suggestions to reinstall .NET Framework 2.0 and the update for it.
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86):http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB917283)http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...aaa58b8644.exe
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...922770-X86.exe
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)http://au.download.windowsupdate.com...879819fb45.exe
2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and follow the directions to save it to the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 setup file and the updates on your Desktop, please double-click the files to manually install them one by one.
After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update site to test the issue.
Forever Ain't so long anymore