Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Printer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

Hey guys i just recently set up a newer computer to the printer in the basement, but it seems to not even recognize that the parallel port exists. It does not even recognize it being there when i look in device manager it only has a COM1 port as displayed... When i let it scan for a printer it finds nothing when it scans for Plug and Play printer. Its an HP Laserjet 5P printer.. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue, or is it likely just a motherboard default?

Thx
Roadblock

Edited by jgweed, 07 November 2007 - 12:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

Has the parallel port ever worked on this computer?
What type of computer is this?(make/model)
What operating system are you using?

Have you tried adding it from the Add Hardware applet in the Control Panel?
Is there a chance that the LPT port is disabled in the BIOS?
JC

#3 Roadblock

Roadblock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

Sorry for the late responses i have not checked any of those steps, but i guess you can call me lazy so i found parallel port to usb converter :thumbsup:... Thx a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users