Smitfraud-C.Core Service is a rootkit found with certain smitfraud infections and identified by Spybot S&D as Smitfraud-C.CoreService.
Please download SDFix
by AndyManchesta and save it to your desktop.alternate download
- Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
- (this is the drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix).
- DO NOT use it just yet.
Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Open the SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat
to start the script.
Note: If this error message is displayed when running SDFix:
- Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
- It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry Entries found then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
- Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
- When the PC restarts, the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
- Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
- Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next reply.
The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator.
Press any key to continue...
Please go to Start Menu > Run > and type (copy/paste) the following line:
%systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\swreg IMPORT %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.reg
Press OK and then run SDFix again.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
- Reboot in "SAFE MODE using the F8 method and launch SUPERAntispyware.
- In the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked to reboot, click "Yes".
- If not, select Close to exit the program and reboot normally.
Edited by quietman7, 14 October 2007 - 02:34 PM.