Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Http 403 Forbidden

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 baronmunchausen196

baronmunchausen196

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

:thumbsup: Pls help me with my problem connecting to a site.

One time while visiting one of my favorite forum site , I forgot my password while I was in the middle of logging in.
So I click on the "forgot your password" button. then checked my e-mail for the new password. When I logged in again using the new password provided to me by the webpage master, but still I got an error massage of wrong password.
I repeat the whole process for three tries but failed. Until the 4th attempt an error page from my browser that reads
"The website decline to show this page ___________HTTP 403". Until now I get the same message every time I click the website.

What does this error mean? How can I correct this? What should I do? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

Hi baronmunchausen196,

The 403 error is equivalent to a blanket 'NO' by your Web server - with no further discussion allowed.
Changing your password may have been a factor in this.
See if clearing your cache helps.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 baronmunchausen196

baronmunchausen196
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:30 PM

Sir TMack, thank you for reply and suggested remedy. I tried to clear my browsing history, temporary internet file, cookies etc but still error http 403 is the answer I get when I tried to open the site. What else shoul I do? Do you have any more ideas to solve my problem?

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

Is there a separate contact link to communicate with the Admins of the site, aside from the forgotten password link?

If not, your only recourse may be to establish a new login there.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 king gee

king gee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

403 forbidden. try www.Repair-Windows-Errors.org
i believe it will help
there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users