Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Someone Help Me Figure Out How To Download This File?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lanimilbus

Lanimilbus

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

I'm trying to download this 374MB .MPG video file from an FTP site, but every time I try to download it, it will download about 1MB worth then say the download is complete. I tried in both Internet Explorer and Firefox, then tried on my downstairs computer, all to the same result.

Here's the link to the file:
ftp://212.1.247.118/upload/thursday_-_liv...lfest_2001..mpg

I know that it's more than 1MB, because it will say "Downloading 272K of 374MB..." but it always stops a few seconds after I start downloading. When I go to the url of the file instead of right clicking and choosing "Save Target As..." it comes up with the video, loads for a few seconds of it, then says:

421 Not logged in, access denied (You are banned, your transfer speed was too slow.).

I tried using the programs Internet Download Manager and FTP Explorer to download the file, and they downloaded more of it (9MB instead of 1MB) but then also stopped and gave me the same message. So could anyone either tell me of another way to download the file, or possibly download it themselves (if it works) and then send it via Sendspace, Rapidshare, AIM or something else?
Thanks a lot,

-Alec

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

Try Firefox's Download Manager FlashGot.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users