Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd To Ipod/divx To Ipod *help*

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grid

Grid

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

I just bought the new I pod classic 160 gb and I'm having a really tough time getting started... :thumbsup:

I want to put my dvd's onto my Ipod and divdx files, and also vdieo files from Youtube if possible, but I just feel like I'm walking around in circles here. I noticed that all the software costs something. Can anyone please give me a hand and recommend a good software to download?

This player is making me :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:19 AM

See if this is what you're looking for:
AVI and Other Video Files to iPod Video

It doesn't cover Youtube (.flv).
Here's a list of 7 .flv conversion guides, that should get you to a format you can convert for the Ipod:
.flv to .....
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Grid

Grid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

See if this is what you're looking for:
AVI and Other Video Files to iPod Video

It doesn't cover Youtube (.flv).
Here's a list of 7 .flv conversion guides, that should get you to a format you can convert for the Ipod:
.flv to .....

Thanks tq,

these links look pretty good. I'll check them out.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:09 AM

You're welcome, Grid.
Glad I could help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Grid

Grid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:50 AM

You're welcome, Grid.
Glad I could help.

There's seems to be a prob with the program unfortunetly it keeps locking up and getting errors. I deleted and reloaded it several times, but it keeps happening unfortunetly...

I was really looking forward to uploading all of my dvd's and things onto this player but I've had nothing but headaches trying to get it to work out.... I'm probably just going to end up returning it if I can't get it to work in the next few days. It's just too difficult to use.

Edited by Grid, 14 October 2007 - 05:26 AM.

#6 DreadZer0

DreadZer0

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

Use the MP4 converter found on www.jodix.com

It's simple, effective, no watermarks, and controllable video/audio quality. Doesn't cover youtube format. Think that there is a toolbar for youtube to MP4 out there somewhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users