Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping Computer/no Picture

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aJ.

aJ.

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

The computer starts up, beeps about every 5 seconds for about 2 seconds, I get no picture on the monitor(I tried the same monitor on this computer and it works.) The tower has 2 monitor plugins neither work.

Its a WinXP,Sony Vaio.

I couldn't thing of anything else to add to get help, if there's something I need to add please tell.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:40 AM

If you have the user manual see if it lists the beep codes. These generally are error codes indicating that something has failed in the POST. Without the BIOS manufacturer and version I can't find any information on the error codes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:13 PM

How many beeps?

Not sure this is your BIOS, but take a look anyway (to get some ideas of how to troubleshoot your issue): http://www.gen-x-pc.com/beep_codes.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users