Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have 2 Problems, 1 With Updates And Other Not Sure About

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_op

Mr_op

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

HI BC,

Issue # 1 - I have a problem with my computer wanting to update. My pc has the following update "security update microsoft XML core service 4.0 sevice pack 2 ( Kb936181 )". I install the update but everytime i start the computer, the update shield is still there in my tray saying i need to update my computer with the same update. I must of downloaded this update at least 5 times.

Issue #2 - I checked my disk and it returned the following ERROR message :
****stop: 0x0000007E ( 0xC0000005, OXF7AB551D, OXF79A6C20, OXF79A691C)
**** FS_REC.SYS_ADDRESS F7AB551D BASE AT F7AB5000, DATESTAMP 3B7D8361.

Any ideas what this might be? Please help if possible. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:24 AM

Microsoft has an article suggesting that this error may occur when video drivers are corrupted. I would start by simply downloading the most recent drivers, uninstalling the current driver, and rebooting and install fresh drivers. Video drivers are known to wreck havoc on windows. This will rule that out.

How to troubleshoot a Stop 0x0000007E error in Windows XP

Also go to the Event Viewer and look for any recent error messages. Post the last for error message listed in the Event Viewer. When you find the error message double click on it and post the results here.

Events and Errors Message Center

Using Event Viewer
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Mr_op

Mr_op
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

thanks Acklan, i updated my drivers with my disc and evrything seems to be running okay. thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users