Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Anti-virus.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leran

leran

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

Hey, i have norton anti virus program 2007, the norton says it takes windows 2000 and up to Xp it also stand it works on Vista.
Problem i have is that when i try to install it it says it can't be installed sins you don't have Windows XP.
Now i tryd out a 90 days free trail from Microsoft home page, and afther i hade it installed it slowed my computer down.
When i started my computer it was config uppdates, which the computer never got finish with, i waited about 30 min still my computer whas in config uppdates.
So what i am wondering about is that if norton allways makes your computer slow???
Games:Games:Games|and ofc MORE games.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

It is quite possible that Norton is slowing your system as it has a reputation as a resource hog. But What are your system specs. Ram ,Hard drive free space.
What did you get from Microsoft?
How many antivirus programs are you running and when was your last scan?
Do you know how many updates it wanted to install? If it's many it may take some time.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

Which version of Windows do you have, exactly?

Now i tryd out a 90 days free trail from Microsoft home page

Could you explain this?

So what i am wondering about is that if norton allways makes your computer slow???

It doesn't necessarily, but I wouldn't recommend running it on a computer that only meets the minimum system requirements or lower. It doesn't have the smallest footprint for system resources as AV programs go.
Posted Image

#4 VirtueOfPanda

VirtueOfPanda

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

Now i tryd out a 90 days free trail from Microsoft home page

I think the 90 days free trial leran mentioned is Windows Live OneCare. If so, could it be a conflict between it and Norton 2007?

~VirtueOfPanda~
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users