Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

foxfire's mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skipdast

skipdast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:46 PM

why I've never found this out is a wonder, but where do I find the whatever it's called, for incoming and out going mail, the pop server, or whatever

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

Well most programs auto detect those settings now for you. Is there not a setting like that?

If not my advice is for you to call your ISP(internet service provider) and ask them. When I got the internet for the first time 7 years ago I got a card with all those details on it.

Tech support is usually free by most companies now. Even if it is not this is something they should have gave to you.

Hope this helps!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:33 PM

This information is generally available from your ISP, or whatever mail service you are going to use. Look for their HELP section, or EMAIL FAQ; they will provide the information you need to set up your POP Email account with whatever application you are going to use.
Firefox is the Mozilla browser. You will need Thunderbird, or the Mozilla suite, for PopEmail functionality. You can also use Outlook Express, which should be on your computer, from Microsoft.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 12 February 2005 - 10:35 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 skipdast

skipdast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:57 PM

my net provider is netzero. so I wrote them, thanks for you help, I think I've got this one licked, now, if some one can tell mt how to get the read only attrib out of spy sweeper's disk, so |I can load it, again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users