Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrades With No Results

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jmoyet

jmoyet

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

Make:eMachines Model:W3502 Specifications
so far iv gotten an ATI Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 and a 600W powersupply and it has 768MB RAM (512MB+256) with Vista Ultimate 32bit and still getting the same performance i was getting with one of my old cheap nvidia card.

so whats the problem?Attached File  DSCF0241.JPG   121.27KB   14 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:47 PM

I think your computer memory is a little low. Especially with using Vista as your OS.
From the specs you provided, it looks like your system can support up to 2GB of system memory
JC

#3 jmoyet

jmoyet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:36 PM

I think your computer memory is a little low. Especially with using Vista as your OS.
From the specs you provided, it looks like your system can support up to 2GB of system memory

well for example this simple graphic game The Universal Attached File  Untitled.jpg   117.59KB   16 downloads (i made that cars texture) if you look to the right bottom you can see im only getting an avg. of 24fps to 31fps, and that game barely uses much memory usualy like 70MB to 110MB

Edited by jmoyet, 13 October 2007 - 03:37 PM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

What's your screen resolution? Did you check for driver updates and game patches? Do you have anti-aliasing turned off?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

As Joshuacat said, you don't have enough memory.
You don't even meet the minimum requirement for Windows Vista Ultimate.

Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, and Windows Vista Ultimate
•1-gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) processor or 1-GHz 64-bit (x64) processor
•1 GB of system memory
•Windows Aero-capable graphics card

Note: This includes a DirectX 9-class graphics card that supports the following:
•A WDDM driver
•Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
•32 bits per pixel
•128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
•40-GB hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space (the 15GB of free space provides room for temporary file storage during the install or upgrade.)
•Internal or external DVD drive
•Internet access capability
•Audio output capability

Note: A Windows Aero-capable graphics card is a graphics card that meets the following requirements:
•Supports a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver
•Has a DirectX 9-class graphics processor unit (GPU) that supports Pixel Shader 2.0
•Supports 32 bits per pixel
•Passes the Windows Aero acceptance test in the Windows Driver Kit (WDK)

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 jmoyet

jmoyet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

What's your screen resolution? Did you check for driver updates and game patches? Do you have anti-aliasing turned off?
Mark

i do have the newest drivers and software and game patches. and i do have anti-aliasing turned off. i try to have the games at max resolution 1280x1024. americas army runs pretty smooth at 1280x1024 with medium settings. but most high graphic games i have to have it 1024x768 or 800x600.

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:51 PM

Also, what kind of processor do you have? If you have a cheaper celeron or sempron processor you could have some bottlenecking going on.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#8 jmoyet

jmoyet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

As Joshuacat said, you don't have enough memory.
You don't even meet the minimum requirement for Windows Vista Ultimate.

Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, and Windows Vista Ultimate
•1-gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) processor or 1-GHz 64-bit (x64) processor
•1 GB of system memory
•Windows Aero-capable graphics card

Note: This includes a DirectX 9-class graphics card that supports the following:
•A WDDM driver
•Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
•32 bits per pixel
•128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
•40-GB hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space (the 15GB of free space provides room for temporary file storage during the install or upgrade.)
•Internal or external DVD drive
•Internet access capability
•Audio output capability

Note: A Windows Aero-capable graphics card is a graphics card that meets the following requirements:
•Supports a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver
•Has a DirectX 9-class graphics processor unit (GPU) that supports Pixel Shader 2.0
•Supports 32 bits per pixel
•Passes the Windows Aero acceptance test in the Windows Driver Kit (WDK)

your right on the 1GB of RAM. i havent looked up the requirements for ultimate, iv only seen the one for home basic. my pc qualifies for the rest of the requirements. so that will be the next thing on the list for my pc, 2 sticks of 1GB for 2GB

Edited by jmoyet, 13 October 2007 - 05:56 PM.

#9 jmoyet

jmoyet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

Also, what kind of processor do you have? If you have a cheaper celeron or sempron processor you could have some bottlenecking going on.

click on Specifications for cpu and other info on my pc.

#10 jmoyet

jmoyet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

im planning on getting these pair of 1GB RAM.

tell me what you think.

#11 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

ATI just updated their catalyst drivers to Catalyst 7.9 you can find them Here. With a celeron D processor you probably wont be able to use full options in DX10 games you will have a bottle neck. Check out my post on ATI v Nvidia under DX10 and vista Here

Edited by Sneakycyber, 14 October 2007 - 08:20 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#12 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:57 PM

im planning on getting these pair of 1GB RAM.

The customer reviews are rating them pretty good, I'd give 'em a shot. The nice thing is, Newegg is easy to deal with if they don't work.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#13 jmoyet

jmoyet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:39 AM

ATI just updated their catalyst drivers to Catalyst 7.9 you can find them Here. With a celeron D processor you probably wont be able to use full options in DX10 games you will have a bottle neck. Check out my post on ATI v Nvidia under DX10 and vista Here

i already have Catalyst 7.9. you mean 7.10 got released. im updating now. and your ATI vs Nvidia link is the same as Catalyst link

Edited by jmoyet, 14 October 2007 - 04:41 AM.

#14 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:21 AM

Sory about that the link is fixed. Yes I meant 7.10 I missread what they had on THG.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#15 jmoyet

jmoyet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:44 AM

Sory about that the link is fixed. Yes I meant 7.10 I missread what they had on THG.

it seems that nvidia has the upper hand in graphics cards. i only wish they wouldn't be so damn expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users