Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inaccessible_boot_device (similar To Elleira's)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G. Stephenson

G. Stephenson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

I have a HP 8665C Pavillion running Windows 2000 Pro. This computer has not been used in a while and as I was checking some of my CDs, the BSOD appeared with the following: *** STOP :0x0000007B (0xED41B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

This now occurs on every start up. I have not changed or installed anything. I have looked several places on line to no avail. Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

There are literally dozens of possible problems that product that generic error message. Here is a MS article that describes most of them.
How to troubleshoot "Stop 0x0000007B" error messages in Windows 2000.
Is there anymore information provided with the BSOD? Can you boot to Safe Mode?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 G. Stephenson

G. Stephenson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

I cannot get past the BSOD to boot up. The rest of the error message reads,

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors."

I do not have a recovery disc or a repair disc. There was no Getting Started manual when I bought this unit in 2000 as it was a display model.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:54 PM

If you have access to DSL or cable download the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. It is a utility that runs from RAM and has several antivirus and antispyware program that are free to use. Read the home page for a full description on the uses and tools available.

If you have a hard time burning .iso images here is a free utility that specializes in burning boot image. Active@ ISO Burner

#5 G. Stephenson

G. Stephenson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

I am beginning to think I have a mother board issue. There are times that my monitor does not recieve a signal from the computer. Earlier today, I made a disc to start up in DOS and the computer did come up into DOS. Very shortly after start up, the computer froze and when I shut down and tried to restart, the monitor no longer recieved a signal. If I have no visual cues from the monitor, I am dead in the water. Any suggestions?

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

Couple of questions.
1) Does the computer boot you just are not receiving a signal to the monitor? Hard drive, CD, floppy, lights blink?
2) Do you have onboard or a stand alone video card? Do you have an old video card laying around?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users