Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Looking For Complete Protection For My Dads Pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_StephMc_*

Guest_StephMc_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:30 AM

Hi everyone,
I would like to get my dad several layers of protection on his pc. He is currently running Norton and most likely using the basic windows firewall.
I am currently running all free versions on my computers but my Dad is 80 and I just don't think that he will go in and keep all of the different programs updated. Free versions would be great but I don't know if they offer scheduled scans and auto updating.
I need programs that will be VERY easy to use.
Any input would be great.
Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

Hi StephMc, :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer

Norton 360 is a great new progam from Symantec that includes all-in-one protection against Viruses, Spyware, and Hackers. It automatically removes spyware and threats as well as automatically updates. This would be great for your dad because it does everything automatically, you basically "set it and forget it". It is not free however.

I can give you some free programs, but most of them will require some interaction from your dad. If you like I can list them, if not you can try Norton 360.

Please let me know.

Edited by SpySentinel, 13 October 2007 - 05:59 PM.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:51 PM

See BC's Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps and List of Virus & Malware Resources
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Guest_StephMc_*

Guest_StephMc_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:11 PM

Great, I will check out the Norton 360 as well as some of the other commercial ones listed in the link.
Thanks again,
Steph

#5 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:22 PM

Your welcome, if you don't want to buy anything, your best bet would be what quietman7 suggested.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users