Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[COLOR=red]Local Area Connection MISSING!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Valic

Valic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:45 PM

Can someone help me?, my Local Area Connection thing is gone, i cant get on the Internet on my Comp at all. I have DSL which is hooked up to the linksys because there are to comp. in the house and game systems that need the Internet. My comp is hooked up wireless. But the Local Area Connection thing is missing and i cant hook up my comp. What should I do????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:30 AM

Sounds to me like the network card or Linksys modem-router needs the drivers re-installing. Was a CD supplied with them?

#3 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:36 AM

Is your wireless network card in the computer and does windows see it? Check in control panel under system. In system look for hardware, then look for device manager. In device manager you will see all the devices for your computer that windows "sees", such as your CDRom, hardrive, and many others including your network adapter. Look under network adapters and see if your card is listed here.
EDIT: Also if your card is listed, then make sure it does not have a little yellow exclamation point on it, which would indicate it has a problem with windows not "seeing" it properly.

Edited by QQQQ, 13 February 2005 - 10:38 AM.

#4 Valic

Valic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:14 PM

Is your wireless network card in the computer and does windows see it? Check in control panel under system. In system look for hardware, then look for device manager. In device manager you will see all the devices for your computer that windows "sees", such as your CDRom, hardrive, and many others including your network adapter. Look under network adapters and see if your card is listed here.
EDIT: Also if your card is listed, then make sure it does not have a little yellow exclamation point on it, which would indicate it has a problem with windows not "seeing" it properly.

Thnx, ill check

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users