Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Questions (photo)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stainboy

stainboy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

First of all, let me appologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section.
It appeared to be the most appropriate.

I'm looking at buying a printer and I really don't know much about them.

Photography is a hobbie of mine and I'm looking to learn a little of the digital realm. I just purchased a Samsung S850 (meh?) and I'd like to be able to print pics at a good quality without sucking too much money out of my account. Perhaps a print/scan combo, but that may take it out of my price range.
Aside from that, I'd do fine with just any run-of-the-mill printer, I assume.

Some here may think (not unjustly, I suppose) that I should just utilize NewEgg/Amazon/Google and not bother the board with this but I'd kinda like some input from folks instead of just reading customer reviews. I'd like to know what you guys use and if you like it, particularly if you are shooting pictures. I'm sure that I can benifit from BC's wisdom.

Many thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask :thumbsup: . A good rule of thumb is the cheaper the printer the more you will spend on ink. For photo printing i personally would not go with an all in one unit you want to concentrate on print quality not being able to do everything with one unit. You will want to find a printer with separate ink cartridges for each color. This is usually an expensive option and comes on most professional photo printers. Depending on your budget you should at least get separate black and color cartridges. I am partial to HP printers this one from HP fits all the requirements I mentioned and adds the ability of wireless printing on a wireless home network.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users