Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Executable Has Encountered A Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dustyamerican1

Dustyamerican1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

I've never seen this before...I'm suddenly getting a popup error message stating that the "Client Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I'm not sure where to start to look to cure this one. I've been able to force programs like Webroot Spysweeper to run, but only after lots of clicking on the "Close" box associated with the popup.

I've run virus scans and malware scans and nothing shows up. I did recently install a new Logitech webcam...but this is the second computer with this webcam and the only one with issues. I've unistalled the camera and the issue still continues.

Can anybody offer any insight into how to stop the madness? Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tuxmaster

tuxmaster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:34 AM

Hello Dustyamarican and welcome to Bleeping computers,

How often do you get this error?
What were you doing when the error accrued?
Are you able to recreate the error?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please respond with the final results after I fix your issue. I like to know the final Results after Solving a Problem. Do not PM me for your issue post in the forums.
~Tuxmaster

#3 Dustyamerican1

Dustyamerican1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:04 AM

Tuxmaster:

I think I figured it out! I uninstalled the camera yet again...rebooted the computer and installed Registry Smart and fixed all the problems...to include an incomplete uninstall from Logitech (go figure on that one!).

I rebooted again and the problem is solved! I will not be installing that webcamera software again. I was able to get the camera to work with standard XP video device drivers. I just can't understand why it worked on another almost exactly the same computer and not this one.

Thank you for the fast reply...I've been working on this all day only to have the solution drop into my lap.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,780 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:09 AM

Persistence pays off. Glad to hear the problem has been resolved. :thumbsup:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

Check Event Viewer for clues?

See that you solved it, good work!

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 13 October 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#6 Dustyamerican1

Dustyamerican1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:47 AM

I haven't checked the Events log for details...figured that the camera worked without the associated Logitech software.

I'll have a look and see what posted there, but for now, I'm just happy the crazy thing works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users