Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Compatibility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rayandmaura

rayandmaura

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:01 AM

I have a dell xp home and when I run a scan with "SIW' to see the details of my system to see if the memory being offered on newegg is compatible with my pc I get this "---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Property Value

Device Locator Slot 1
Manufacturer ProMos/Mosel Vitelic
Part Number V826632K24SCTG-D3
Serial Number 3BE91E02
Capacity 256 MBytes
Memory Type SDRAM DDR
Speed PC3200 (200 MHz)
Data Width 64 bits
Voltage SSTL 2.5V
Error Correction None
Refresh Reduced (.5x)...7.8 Ás
Manufacturing Date 2005, Week 10
EPP SPD Support No............................. does anyone know if this ram will work on my pc? any help is appreciated........................Thanx .......RAY----------- the offer from newegg is--- Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory - OEM

Edited by rayandmaura, 13 October 2007 - 01:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

We actually need the make and model of your computer or the make and model of the motherboard if it is a custom build in order to help you out here. But you can go to a manufacturer's web site like Crucial and use their configurator to find out the number of expansion slots you have, the maximum amount of RAM per slot, and what modules would be compatible with your computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:19 AM

you have ddr one, no ddr2 will work

your best bet after going to the crucial site is go back to newegg and order a 512 meg stick of ddr 1

one gig sticks will be a little pricey for that computer even if they are supported

noone is even bidding for your old ram on ebay, cas 3 256 meg stick is kind of just wasting a ram slot

Edited by DaChew, 13 October 2007 - 06:19 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 rayandmaura

rayandmaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

Kool, Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users