Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ui Dll Message

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mar4

mar4

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

When I try to print something out a window pops up that says"UI DLL Message" Version Error of ucf file. I have no idea what this is. I try to go into my "printer" tab and the same message pops up. I can't close it down by pressing ctrl alt del. I have to manually shut my computer down. I have AVG, ccleaner, spybot, and ad-aware. I have tried closing all of those programs before I print, but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mar4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:03 AM

What printers do you have installed, and what version of windows?
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

Is this an Epson printer with a parallel connection?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 mar4

mar4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:39 AM

My printer is an epson stylus cx3810, and I have windows 98

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:35 AM

The first thing to try is to totally remove it from the computer, then re-install it and the driver
Mark
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/tipsandtricks/i..._windows_98.htm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 hg taylor

hg taylor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:24 PM

When I try to print something out a window pops up that says"UI DLL Message" Version Error of ucf file. I have no idea what this is. I try to go into my "printer" tab and the same message pops up. I can't close it down by pressing ctrl alt del. I have to manually shut my computer down. I have AVG, ccleaner, spybot, and ad-aware. I have tried closing all of those programs before I print, but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mar4

I'm getting the same error but with Version Error of dat2 data 9 times
and with Version Error of cfg data 1 time -- that pattern repeated I'm not sure HOW many times but quite a few.

I started getting it after running a system restore
that seems to have wiped me back to ground zero which I hadn't expected never having run one before.
Until I find all the software boxes/disks to re install it I was going to install like wordpad but the UI DLL error kills every install I attempt. I'm wondering if when I locate the original software it will acknowledge IT as valid?

No address book
Printer Dll invalid
Guess I'm lucky to get online, huh? :thumbsup:

Edited by hg taylor, 04 November 2007 - 03:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users