Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

42" Plasma Tv

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

no forum for this type of thing, thought someone could help on this:

i got a 42" Plasma TV (NEC PXT 42XD1) - DVD player JVC (XV-N422S)

i thought a widescreen TV you get movies that are widescreen that fill the screen, well then i learnt that there are different ratios....

so then, if you watch something that isn't widescreen, well you get bars left and right

so you get a wide screen fill that is wider than your screen, you get black bars top and bottom (like a normal TV)

but what about this stupid idea, black all around the movie, not one side makes it to the edge, you would think, one or the other would touch the edge, so you have only black bars either top/bottom or left/right, but every DVD i have does this, if it is widescreen, (ones that aren't widescreen i get black bars left and right)...

so what is the problem???

Now on normal TV all widescreen broadcasted programs/movies fill the whole screen (except those that aren't widescreen)....
Now, Lord Of The Rings was on TV and it filled the screen, i have the DVD and it doesn't fill the screen, black all the way around, is it the DVD player itself????

hope someone can help on this....seems pointless paying $2000 for a widescreen and you aren't getting it....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rainbow32

Rainbow32

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

I use this forum for such problems. Hope it helps you. :thumbsup:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/

#3 Izzy

Izzy