Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services And Controller App

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bonstermnstr

bonstermnstr

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:35 PM

I've had this looked at through another forum and it seems there are no malware issues. It has been requested that I submit this through the XP forum for further light and knowledge.

Can someone here take a look at let me know where to start? I am ready to throw my computer out the window.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106758/services-and-controller-app-error/

Here's the link to the other log forum.

Thanks a bunch,
Bonster

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

Take a look: http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:AfNTZL...;cd=1&gl=us

Louis

#3 bonstermnstr

bonstermnstr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

Ok, i'll look into this further once i get to my home computer. The other forum guy told me everything looked cleaned. Doesn't that mean i dont have a worm or a virus?

B~

Edited by bonstermnstr, 12 October 2007 - 02:41 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

Well...I'm not going to toss in any cliches about certitude...but I find absolutely nothing in the way of certitude when it comes to getting or receiving suggestions/advice about my system from someone who cannot actually see it, manipulate it, etc.

You can ignore the link, if you desire. But, if my system was on the fritz, I would be grasping at any straw which might correct same without damaging...make that "further impairing"...my sick system.

I don't think it's possible to test a system for every piece of malware which might be screwing it up, but that's just the way I approach things. Maybe that's why it's recommended to have a firewall...and a reliable AV program...and at least one (I use 3) reliable malware prevention/detection programs on a system. That's in addition to the user employing safe security practices.

Troubleshooting is not an exact science, it's an art. Some things are well documented, some are not. I try to use the ones that are well-documented, but I'm not above using advice/suggestions that are not.

Louis

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:01 AM

Try running the System File Checker (sfc).

How to Use SFC.EXE to Repair System Files
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 bonstermnstr

bonstermnstr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:49 PM

Ok, here's the scoop. I ran the security updates from the microsoft website. It installed pack 3. Then i ran the sfc.exe fix and it required my cd. The minute the fix was done, my computer popped up with the same error : services and controller app has encountered and error and needs to close. I did shutdown -a on my run command and it stopped.

I am so irritated right now. Does anyone have any insight on what to do now?

B~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users