Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Few Questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:08 AM

I wasnt sure where to post these questions so I decided to post them here. I am a mortgage banker and I work from home and I am extremely un organized. If I can find a way to get organized I would be making alot more money because I would spend more time marketing and bringing in loans instead of looking for every damn thing on my computer. So as I am sitting here getting organized and I will ask questions in this post. I plan on pulling an 8 hour shift tonight getting organized. Of course I will be watching football re runs at the same time. I will post all of the questions here by editing it when I have a new question. The reason for this is if I happen to get any of these questions answered tonight it will make my organization process even smoother. So the sooner I post the question the better the chance I get of a faster response. I really would appreciate all the help I can get. P.S I suck with computers kinda. Also, if you have any mortgage questions I would be glad to help. I can do loans nationwide but thats not what I am looking for. The main reason I say this is because I recieve alot of help here and I want to give back to the community. So I will answer any questions you need.

* I go to different friends offices sometimes to work. I want to buy an external hard drive to carry with me and plug into another computer when needed and it would be just like working from home. So the first question is how many gigs should I buy that would be enough to store pretty much everything I ever saved on my computer without being too much. I want the hard drive small enough that I can carry in my briefcase. I am looking to buy one on ebay that is reliable and cost effective ( money is tight in the mortgage industry right now )

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 12 October 2007 - 12:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:11 AM

So the first question is how many gigs should I buy that would be enough to store pretty much everything I ever saved on my computer without being too much.

This is pretty difficult to answer seeing as though I have no idea what is on your computer; however, I would go for something like a Western Digital Passport Portable 250GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive. This would just about fit in your pocket.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users