Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3d Video Hangups Hp Pavillion A1130n

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crunchy

crunchy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

I have a pavillion a1130n by hp. It hangs up on 3d video. It hung with the video card that was on the motherboard now I got a new decent video card and it still hangs. total shutdown the monitor shows that it isn't even getting a feed. I have to shut down the machine and do a cold restart to get going again. Any idea's?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

- What card do you have?
- What operating system are you using?
- What you trying to run when the machine crashes?
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 crunchy

crunchy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:03 AM

Ok....ahhh

the main cpu is an atholon 64 3500+
I have 1 gig of ram
i'm running windows xp media center edition version 2002 service pack 2
the motherboard had an ati graphics card radeon express 200
I have upgraded to a ati radeon x800xt pci express graphics card
the graphics hang has been since the begining before the new graphics card.

#4 crunchy

crunchy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

the hang happens during 3-d graphics in games Half life will run ok for a long time sometimes more than an hour.
same for quake 2 quake 3 hangs up a little faster half life 2 maybe 10 min till hang up same for far cry the newest tomb raider about the same the chronicles of riddick is unplayable hanging in a minute or two. once in a while it will hang up on my wife as she plays 3d majongg

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:49 AM

Cheers for the spec!

I would assume that your computer specification meeds the requirements of the games? Have you installed any patches for the games? Have you installed the latest video/graphic drivers for your graphics card? Have you tried dropping the resolution of the games? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game/s?

Hope this helps!
Posted Image

#6 crunchy

crunchy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

I have tried all of the above things i was hoping that maybe someone heard of a patch or something for amd 64 chips; I would guess that the main cpu is the problem, but I don't know. It really sucks because i bought this computer to be the main gaming computer in the house and the damn thing hasn't worked properly from the start.

#7 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

If its any help I originally had the same processor and was able to play quake 2/3 with no probs. My system at that time was

- Winxp Pro
- ATI Radeon 9600
- 1 GB RAM
- AMD Atholon 64 3500+

I'm not sure how Windows Media Centre copes with playing games as I don't have it, perhaps a change of OS? Your HP machine should be able to run the game with no probs. Have you though about restoring the machine to its original state e.g how it was shipped using the restore disks? Not much help but a mini review of your PC is located here.

How long have you had this machine?

I have found some opinions regarding you machine you may want to have a look at them, some describing the machine intermitantly shutting down/off?

- link 1
- Link 2

Hope that helps!

Edited by FireKracker, 18 October 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#8 crunchy

crunchy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

thanks for the links Ill do more research to try and resolve the problems. I saw some things to try

remember "There are very few. if any computer problem that cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives!"

dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users