Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Activation Message When It Was Already Been Activated

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hisuka2001

hisuka2001

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

My problem with my computer started because my internet connection lagged and so I manually switch-off my computer and turned it on instantly at the windows log-on screen as message showed "windows needs to be activated within 7 days, activate now?." I click on YES and afterwards another message appeared and says "Windows was already been activated." This happen everytime I boot-up my computer regardless whether I choosed YES or NO to activate windows...

I tried searching the net and found:

Click start/run, type "regsvr32 regwizc.dll" (without the quotes) and click "ok". Then do the same for "regsvr32 licdll.dll". You should get a successful message for both and it should resolve the error message. If not, then try these steps:

Start the computer in Safe mode by hitting F8 at startup. Click start/run, type regedit and click ok. Expand the branches in the left pane by clicking the plus (+) signs to reach these keys:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers

Click on the folder representing each key and delete them one at a time. You may want to create a backup before doing so by clicking file/export and saving a copy to the desktop. If there is a problem after deleting, you can put the key back by double-clicking it. If there is no problem, you can delete the key later. When finished, restart the system normally after closing the registry editor.

Tried those things where I found both "regsvr32 regwizc.dll and regsvr32 licdll.dll" and click them to OK, however, still the windows activation message persists. I tried to booting on safe mode, but both "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers and
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers" are not in my system. Is this due to my operating system being Windows XP Home Edition rather Windows XP Professional Edition?

How do I resolve this problem? or just reinstall the whole OS and proggies? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:42 AM

Hello hisuka2001,

See the following Microsoft article:

You are prompted to activate Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 every time that you start the computer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 hisuka2001

hisuka2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:11 AM

Hello hisuka2001,

See the following Microsoft article:

You are prompted to activate Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 every time that you start the computer

Thanks for the reply Budapest, however, after using the help guide and it automatically deletes files such as reset5.exe, reset5.dll, etc... Help Guide prompted to
restart my computer and upon restarting asked me for the activation IDs. Sad to say after doing so and then restarting my computer I'm back to square one of my problem. :flowers:
My parents just told me to bring my computer to a service center and if worst comes to worst have it reformatted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users