Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ron12

ron12

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

hello first of all, i'm very grateful for some tips i found here so far , this is my first topic and i hope someone will help me. I have problems while i'm trying to install ms office (all versions) and NERO , i get message - ERROR 1402 ACCESS DENIED MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO REGISTRY KEY .....or something similar but i can install open office and other appz normally. I have tried logging as an administrator and changing permissions in registry - re gedit but nothing helped... If anyone knows something about this problem please let me know, thank you for your effort :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ron12

ron12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:28 AM

what it says is : Error 1402. Could not open key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Msredit.AAMsredit.1/CLSID Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. HELP MEEE !!!!!! :thumbsup: :flowers:

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:50 AM

Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator when trying to install.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 ron12

ron12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:32 AM

Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator when trying to install.

I tried that but nothing, i found on the net lot of similar questions and solutions but nothing helps. must be something with changing user accounts ?!

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:57 AM

Try this:
  • Quit all Windows programs.
  • Click Start and then click Run.
  • In the Open box, type Regedt32.exe and then click OK.
  • On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
  • Click the registry key for the user who is currently logged on, and ensure that Read and Full Control permissions are both set to Allow.
  • Click the Advanced button, ensure that the user who is currently logged on is selected, that Full Control is listed in the Permissions column, and that This Key and Subkeys is listed in the Apply to column.
  • Click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box, and clear the Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here check box.
  • Click Apply, and then click Yes when you are prompted to continue.
  • Click OK, and then click OK again.
  • On the Registry menu, click Exit.
With any fix like this you should create a new restore point and backup the registry first. For backing up the registry I like to use ERUNT.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 ron12

ron12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:12 PM

Try this:

• Quit all Windows programs.
  • Click Start and then click Run.
  • In the Open box, type Regedt32.exe and then click OK.
  • On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
  • Click the registry key for the user who is currently logged on, and ensure that Read and Full Control permissions are both set to Allow.
  • Click the Advanced button, ensure that the user who is currently logged on is selected, that Full Control is listed in the Permissions column, and that This Key and Subkeys is listed in the Apply to column.
  • Click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box, and clear the Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here check box.
  • Click Apply, and then click Yes when you are prompted to continue.
  • Click OK, and then click OK again.
  • On the Registry menu, click Exit.
With any fix like this you should create a new restore point and backup the registry first. For backing up the registry I like to use ERUNT.

thanks for tips i tried but it doesnt help i dont know i'm kind of sick of it but i'll keep tryin'

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Try running scan/reg
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/183887
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 ron12

ron12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

thanks for the tip , i tried but it cannot find it, maybe that's the problem how can i scan or repair it other way?

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:02 PM

First, try running the Windows installer cleanup utility
Second, do you use Norton anti-virus? If yes,turn it off when installing the program. Msredit has to do with Norton, it might be causing some problems.
If you used to have Norton, but got rid of it, use the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of the remnants that might be causing problems
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users