Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Seting Up Exchange Server

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 birddseedd

birddseedd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

I am trying to setup my own exchange server. It is working internally, however i am having trouble getting it to work outside of my network.

One problem that i have to work around is incomming requests being blocked by my isp. the way i am getting around this is i will be pointing my mx records to my cousins server, obviously on port 25. his server will then turn around and relay the trafic to my server on an open port 12334

at the moment i am not recieving my emails. for the moment i have set my mx records to default (using godaddy.com's email servers)

the problem that i am trying to fix first is
1. connecting to the server from outside the network.
2. getting the server to send emails.

I was able to connect via pop3 using my treo once and successfully downloading email. after that the server started rejecting the username. i know the username and password are correct.

my emails are going from the client (when on the same network) and going into thin air. they are not recieved by the recipient (unless another account on the server). i dont know how to check on where they are going.

how do i setup exchange to send email? is it done automatically after install? iv tried both creating a connector, and going into the smtp protocol and setting up an outgoing smtp server there.

once setup correctly, outgoing mail should work fine, outgoing port 25 obviously is not blocked, and i know that godaddy's server uses port 80 for outgoing email anyway.

can someone please help me setup exchange.

Thanks
mike

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 12 October 2007 - 02:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users