Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft .net Framework

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trumpetman51

trumpetman51

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:40 PM

First of all, does the typical home user need to install .NET Framework? And, if so, must the versions (1.1, 2.0, 3.0) be instaled in sucession or is it okay to install 3.0 if you haven't installed the earlier versions???
"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:13 PM

I can't answer for the "typical home user" :thumbsup:.

I do know that certain applications (e.g. my ATI video drivers) require the installation of NET before they can be downloaded from the website. That's the reason I installed it on my systems (I have two ATI cards) and the only reason. I suspect that other apps may also require it for whatever reasons.

I also understand that some game require installation of NET in order to be played (I guess online). I don't game, so I don't know.

Regarding versions, you only need install the latest version, after removing the others via Add/Remove Programs.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users