Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Read My Monitor Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bratty burnette

bratty burnette

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:37 PM

HI all,

When I first bought my emachines computer I had a lot of problems because of not enough RAM. I now have the maximun amount (2G).

I thought my monitor problems were fixed also. Today they are very bad. I have words on top of each other, words that are seperated (part on left of screen, the rest on the right.

I have an emachines monitor E17TW4. I have no idea about my video card. It also has a graphic acclerater.

It doesn't make any difference what I have my settings on.

Thanks,

Donna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

Hey Donna.sounds like whoever sorted out your computer made a dogs dinner of it!!

Can you give us the correct model of your e-machines computer, this will help us greatly!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 bratty burnette

bratty burnette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:13 PM

Hi, Firecracker,

Okay, let's try this again. It is an emachines monitor E17T4W. It acted up when I first got it. After I downloaded an update to my chipset and installed more RAM, I thought it had stopped.

My computer is an emachines W3623.

Sometimes when I go to another page it has parts of the word on one side and the rest is on the other. Also, there might seems there is a space where I know there isn't and not one where there should be.

I also am not getting my notifications from Bleepingcomputer. No, they are not in my junk mail.

Thanks,

Donna

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

If its still under warrenty I would remove the added ram and exchange it for another one.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 bratty burnette

bratty burnette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

Okay, Thanks

Donna

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

To answer your question on receiving E-mail notifications. Check under mycontrols and under email settings. Make sure under board preferences enabled email notification is checked.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users