Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nav2008 & Ie7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bachiatari

Bachiatari

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:30 PM

I upgraded to Norton Antivirus 2008 version yesterday, and can't help noticing that my IE7 seems 'extra-crashy' with it. Anything I can do to it (i.e. boxes I can uncheck in the options, etc.) to minimize this effect?

In addition, I'm now getting a 'Ccsvchst.exe' pop-up when I try to shut my computer down, which I can only assume is Norton's fault as well.

I searched on Google and Symantec's website, but since the product is relatively new, I can't seem to find any matches.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

Bachiatari,Are you using XP or Vista?
Are you running any other Antivirus programs?
Have you been to Symantec and checked for the latest update,(they used to have a live update,but I don't know anymore)
Is the upgrade a full version upgrade. If so did you uninstall the previous version first. Be sure you have the new Key before Proceeding.
If you installed over, than Uninstall the new from Control panel then run Norton Removal Tool
Now reinstall 2008. Be sure you have the new Key before Proceeding.

Edited by boopme, 11 October 2007 - 09:13 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Bachiatari

Bachiatari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:31 AM

XP.
Yes, I've run all updates.
Yes, (I paid around sixty bucks for the [BLEEP]ing thing, it'd better be a full version upgrade) and yes, during the '08 install, it cleared the '07 version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users