Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overclocking?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suttmosh

suttmosh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:04 AM

hi.

in my bios, i have the option to alter fsb multiplier 100-280, its currently at 166 giver amd athlon speed 2600, what do i have to alter in order to increase cpu speed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:23 AM

You can increase the speed of your cpu by increasing the system clock speed and the multiplier. If you want 2.3 GHz, set your clock to 200 and the multiplier to 11.5 (11.5 * 200MHz = 2300Mhz). I have a 2500 set at 200/11.5 so it should work for your 2600. Make sure your motherboard will support a 400 Mhz fsb though.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users