Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Trojans

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 biotech

biotech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

Hello, my son's laptop is a quagmire of problems. He is using Adwil's Avast antivrus program and every time at startup it detects 2 trojans...
Win32: Agent-LAP and Win32: Tiny-IF

He runs XP Pro. But it may be SP1 (i just started uploading updates and patches)

I delete the LAP and Tiny each time they are found at startup, and an Avast virus search finds nothing. But with the next startup, i get the two error messages, first for Tiny and then for Agent-LAP

Spybot is also messed up and I cannot seem to get it off. the computer.

Have tried to download Ad-aware. but am having trouble getting clean downloads....i think it is the computer and not my internet system at home. other PCs at home are working fine.

I downloaded another Malware program that had a 30 day full version free trial. and it found 235 infections, mostly in cookies (i got rid of all the cookies) but found two instances of the Tiny program. I hit the remove button but was not quite sure it removed anything.

i know i have a lot more cleaning to do on this computer but would love to at least start by getting rid of the Tiny and Agent-Lap.

SUGGESTIONS?

With many thanks.
m

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,598 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

Based on what you describe, my best advice is to post a Hijack This log and let the experts help you.
If you do not have Service Pack 2 installed, do not install until you are malware free. Installing SP2 on an infected computer can cause serious problems.
Follow the directions in the link below to post a Hijack This log in the HJT Forum. DO NOT post the log in this forum. Do as many steps as you can in the Preparation before posting. Skip the steps (like scanning with AdAware since you can't install) you are unable to perform.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users