Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Configuring Modem Router?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suttmosh

suttmosh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:00 AM

hi everyone.

i'v just bought a wireless modem router for broadband, and in the manual it says i need to configure the modem router by typing in a number into the address bar in order to access the router and configure its settings. when i type the number into the address bar it doesnt do anything it just says page cannot be displayed. any help would be very much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:03 AM

Set your network card to obtain an IP address automatically. What operating system do you use and what is the brand name and model of the router?

#3 suttmosh

suttmosh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:10 AM

hi,

how do i set obtain ip automatically?

the modem router is a BELKIN F5D9012UK.

#4 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:15 AM

I need to know what version of windows you are using to tell you exactly how to do that. Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP.......?

#5 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:28 AM

I can't seem to find that model number listed on Belkin's website. Are you connecting your computer to it wired or wireless?

#6 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:56 AM

Hi Folks, I have found that if a modem/Router cannot be found on the manufacturer's web site that can possibly mean that the particular device is made specificaly for an ISP like Verizon or Adelphia cable. If this is the case I suggest contacting the company that the device is specific for.

I have a Westell and the numbers for getting into the setup are: 198.168.1.1 and have to be entered into the address bar including the periods.

Have a good one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users