Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autoruns Shows These As Missing From Driver Folder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NorCal_Mike

NorCal_Mike

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:42 PM

My "no audio" problem started after installing WMP11 and numerous Msft updates. Not using any audio apps lately, I didn't discover the problem till just recently. I don't know if these files were deleted as part of one of the updates, adding the newer Player, or because I deleted Jukebox and MUSICMATCH, Sony Media, which plays CDs and DVDs.Just ran "Autoruns" and found these files missing from the Drivers folder. Are these even relevant?

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

Changer File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Changer.sys
CO_Mon File not found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\CO_Mon.sys
i2omgmt File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\i2omgmt.sys
lbrtfdc File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\lbrtfdc.sys
PCIDump File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PCIDump.sys
PDCOMP File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDCOMP.sys
PDFRAME File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDFRAME.sys
PDRELI File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDRELI.sys
PDRFRAME File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDRFRAME.sys
WDICA File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\WDICA.sys

If these are needed, is there a way to obtain those files and put them back in the Drivers folder, or are they even part of the problem? I bought DriverDetective the other day and updated 14 drivers, all successfully. Everything in device manager says the drivers are fine, & device(s) working properly. That's odd because the Drive won't play a CD, there's no audio with a DVD, & no audio from other file types on my laptop. Sonic Stage will play a CD just fine, while WMP gives this error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

If there's any other information I can provide that would help someone more experienced than me to figure this out, I'd be glad to do so. Was just searching online for anything else relevant and found someone posting about these drivers too, but don't believe he was having an audio problem. Apparently, he just found this out while using Autoruns. http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11781

Last of all, would posting a HiJackThis log be of any value?

Many thanks,
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

Looking at some of the errors, I would suggest you run system file checker.
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users