Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is A "scripted Window",

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Simple Simon

Simple Simon

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

Today I took out another of those free web mails as it has a lot more space than the one I'm using now and it looks really nice. Lots of cool furnishings plus the news and weather, inter alia. But then I tried to create a folder and I got this message...

This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows.

Trust them? Don't even know them. This is our first date...

Has anyone here been offered this choice before? I'll hold off on doing anything for now. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

- Simon
- Simon

All those who believe in telekinesis raise my right hand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

It's a security feature in Windows. It could be turned off if it bothers you, but I wouldn't. What email site are we talking about?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Simple Simon

Simple Simon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:40 AM

Hi Mark. If it's a security feature in my computer I'll leave it be and abort the task. Pity, seemed like a nice utility; the name is Inbox.com. I tried another, name of Bluebottle or something like that and they had the nerve to ask for my home address. They coming over for coffee & donuts? Oh well, the search goes on.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:
- Simon

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

That's not to say it's a "bad" website. I've never used it, but if you check it out and decide you want to you can set permissions for it to be allowed while not disabling the script warning for other sites
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Simple Simon

Simple Simon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

That's not to say it's a "bad" website. I've never used it, but if you check it out and decide you want to you can set permissions for it to be allowed while not disabling the script warning for other sites
Mark

I didn't think it was "bad", I just felt uneasy about disabling any security. But I thought about it and went back and sent a note to their Help section looking for a workaround. I also thought about a temporary disablement for this occasion only. You see, it really is a nice looking webmail service.

While I was there I sent an email to myself at another address. It didn't work. I tried another, being very careful and that too didn't work. Then I saw a message at the top of the page. Seems they were having problems connecting to their server. Gulp.

But I'll try again tomorrow and my reply might be there too. :thumbsup:
- Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users