Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN Messenger Update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ABCDuckegg

ABCDuckegg

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:10 AM

:thumbsup: Help!!! I'm what is known as a thicko or otherwise known as technically impaired lol. With the Msn Messenger Upgrade the other day. I can follow the upgrades normally but I have to do it manually as my Windows Updates isn't working, but msn techies are working on that one at the moment for me. My problem is with this Messenger one. I click on download as per request then it puts me with this almighty great long list of links. Now this is my problem. Which one do I load from or do I have to click on every one of them. It doesn't give any idea which is a surprise as if I do have any praise for MSN (and it's not often lol) but they usually give it in step by step, but I'm totally lost on this one. I did eventually load it up through messenger itself, and exited the old one, but now I've got to load a revised version, and its back to this long list of links. I don't know where do I go or what do I do??? I would be very grateful for any help, and it laymans step by step terms. Sorry to go on so much. I'm on XP
Cheers,
John

PS: How do I manage to be able to put up a cartoon or a photo on my profile so it will be at the side of my messages like most of you good folks I've seen up to now. I tried to do it but it said no administrator permission. How do I get that please??? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:23 PM

PS: How do I manage to be able to put up a cartoon or a photo on my profile so it will be at the side of my messages like most of you good folks I've seen up to now. I tried to do it but it said no administrator permission. How do I get that please???

Hi ya ABCDuckegg :thumbsup:

Here is how to do it. First off it is called an avatar.

On the top of the page of BC.

Click on > My Control Panel

Once in. Look on the left hand side.

Under > Personal Profile

Click on > Edit Avatar Settings

Under > Pre - installed avatars

You will see a drop down menu. Check out all options, till you find one you like. Make your choice.

Then click on > Use selected avatar

It will now show by your member name. :flowers:
Posted Image

#3 ABCDuckegg

ABCDuckegg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:34 PM

[SIZE=7]Thanks Scarlett. I'm soon going to look the part lol.
Cheers,
Duckegg

Edited by ABCDuckegg, 12 February 2005 - 03:40 PM.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:56 PM

:flowers: 'Duck somehow your new Av seems to be fit just right. :trumpet: Did you find it in the BC avatars? I did not think that there was one like that. Of course I have not checked them out for some time. I come up with my own.

Edit: Never mind I found it in the pre-installed avatars. :thumbsup:

[SIZE=7]If you do it like this.[/SIZE]

It will look like this.

Edited by scarlett, 12 February 2005 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:50 PM

If have not had to update my version of MS messenger as of yet. Can you post the choices presented to you?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 ABCDuckegg

ABCDuckegg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

Hi Just come back online. The link for the messenger and the other security downloads is:-

http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/default.mspx

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
John

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:19 AM

I just updated, by force, MSN Messenger. For me there were some choices to install additional items or options. I unchecked each and every one of the optional choices, since I do not want to make MSN my homepage, etc.,etc.. The rest of the install was automatic and rather fast (for MS, that is).
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 14 February 2005 - 02:20 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users