Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Dial Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NFWE

NFWE

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

Hi,
I used to use a dialup connection to connect to the Intranet. Months ago however I changed to a wireless router and it has been working a treat. Suddenly when the computer boots up it is asking me to choose a dial up connection to connect to. I can click cancel and it goes away and the computer connects to the Internet via the wireless router as expected. However, just on some web sites that I attempt to connect to, it brings up the dial up connection box again asks me to choose a connection. If I click cancel it goes away but does not connect to the web site and also sets me to work offline.
Any ideas why it is suddenly doing this please?
In the Internet options on the connections tab it is set to dial whenever a network connection is not present. I know this should be set to never dial a connection but when I set this up it does not go onto the Internet at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:42 PM

You need to post in the Security/Antivirus forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users