Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating Audio Drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computergeek522

computergeek522

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:03 PM

Hello all!

I just recently installed The Sims 2 on my computer. I have the base game, Family Fun Stuff, and the Pets expansion pack. (Bear with me...this IS an audio question!)

Anyway, I've been having issues with the game freezing during gameplay. I tried deleting all my custom content, thinking I had something buggy...didn't help. Tried turning down all my graphics options....didn't help. Defragged my hard drive...nope. Played the game offline and used Task Manager to end all my non-essential processes...still no go.

Then someone suggested that I try playing the game in "no-sound" mode.

Lo and behold...it worked. No freezing.

But I don't really relish the idea of playing with no sound at all. So I want to update my audio drivers, but I've got no idea where to get the updated driver. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

According to DxDiag, this is the info for my sound card:

Device Details:
Name: SigmaTel Audio
Device ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01VEN_8384DEV7690SUBSYS_1
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM

Driver Details:
Name: sthda.sys
Version: 5.10.4823.0000 (English)
Date: 11/16/2005 15:36:00
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Other Files
Provider: SigmaTel

I cannot find an updated version of the driver for the life of me. Is there one, and if so, where in the world do I find it?!

Thanks for any help.

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

This is the latest from dells web site. http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=162467
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users