Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A Freeware Application

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cubanresourceful

cubanresourceful

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:15 PM

Now, I am currently using DeskSlide, and goodness knows its a great freeware application. And if it only had one more thing, it would be perfect, but alas, it does not. Most other shareware applications have this, but they leave a bad taste in my mouth. Its randomization. DeskSlide has what I can call a "playlist" of wallpapers, and I can randomize it myself, but I can't move the files with my mouse, I have to use UP and DOWN arrows. Talk about a load of time. Now, here's what I would like in the freeware application:

Randomization
Scaling wallpapers without making it ugly (like stretching, what Windows does, DeskSlide renders the wallpapers beautifully upscaling or downscaling to 1400 by 1050 SXGA+)
Directory reading support (Like reading images within directories that have directories, I can't explain it well)
Scheduling (Every 24 hours)
Autofit (Autofits the image to my screen, though I love what DeskSlide does, it adds a black border around the image, though its not required, the black border is pretty cool)

Thanks you for your support and help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but I use Wallpaper Master. It changes my wallpaper every time I boot up. You can set it for any interval you like. I think it does a lot of the other stuff you're talking about but you can check that out for yourself.

http://jamesgart.com/wallpaperchanger/

#3 cubanresourceful

cubanresourceful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:38 AM

Thank you, looks like a good looking piece of freeware. Thanks, and I'll try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users