Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Posting Logs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 massey_12

massey_12

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:09 PM

I'm having a problem with my computer that I'll bring up a bit later. However, looking at other people's stuff, I see they are posting logs and other information. I read the "Read First Before Posting" but am still as computer illiterate as I was before. When I do get home and am able to ask about this problem, what do I need to put in here to make sure you guys have as much info as possible to help me out? Thanks in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

Hi massey_12,

Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbsup:

What we need... We need a explanation of what is going on with your computer. That means: error messages and codes (Verbatim if possible), beep codes (Does your computer give long or short beeps during start up. If so, in what pattern), flashing lights on your computer or keyboard... etc...

If you are getting a message from a program/antivirus/antispyware give us those.
Did something appear on your desktop that you didn't place there - like an icon??
If you have changed your computer by adding or removing hardware or software, let us know that.

Paint us a picture of your problem.

ex.. "I am getting error messages on startup saying program XYZ.exe did not load. I ran my computers antivirus package and it said I was infected with the quietman trojan. The problem reoccurs even after quarantining the files. I then get an orange screen and my computer freezes"

Then, follow that with a general makeup of your computer... "I am running Windows XP on a HP Evo 5100sff. I have 1GB of memory installed."

Since you have posted here, I m assuming that you have malware problems. You may wish to follow our Start Here post. That will get you started with step by step instructions.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 massey_12

massey_12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

Sounds good rigel and thanks for the help. When I next have access to my CPU, I'll post as much information as I can in a different thread. Again, thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users